17th Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Seventeenth Crimson Guards Cluster|
|Affiliation||Clan Blood Spirit|
|Parent Command||Tau Provisional Galaxy|
In the aftermath of the Burrock Absorption, the Seventeenth, along with the Seventy-ninth Crimson Guards drove the Third Falcon Velites off York and claimed the former Jade Falcon enclave on that planet.
In 3075 the Guards and Tau Galaxy dropped on to Circe as part of the multi-Clan force of the Clan Steel Viper Annihilation. They had taken heavy casualties in the approach by hidden gun batteries and during the ground fighting the Galaxy was over run and broken by the Viper's Beta Galaxy, but was saved by a counter attack by Delta Galaxy of Clan Cloud Cobra.
After the Viper annihilation the Guards were rebuilt in 3082 they were stationed with their Galaxy in the Colleen system, on the planet Honor. Here in 3083 they came under attack by forces of both Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote; taking heavy casualties as they were pushed out of defensive enclaves. They stood at roughly twenty five percent strength in 3084 when the Star Adders called for a Trial of Absorption and by the end of the year Clan Blood Spirit had been effectively destroyed, the 17th Crimson Guards being the last Spirits standing. They were destroyed by orbital bombardment.
|Commanding Officers of the 17th Crimson Guards|
|Star Colonel||Geoff DeLuca||3059|
|Star Colonel||Werner Lewis||3067|
17th Crimson Guards
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155-157
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 35, "17th Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 41
- The Wars of Reaving, p.150
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70