17th Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|17th Crimson Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Tau Provisional Galaxy|
In the aftermath of the Burrock Absorption, the Seventeenth, along with the Seventy-ninth Crimson Guards drove the Third Falcon Velites off York and claimed the former Jade Falcon enclave on that planet.
In 3075 the Guards and Tau Galaxy dropped on to Circe as part of the multi-Clan force of the Clan Steel Viper Annihilation. They had taken heavy casualties in the approach by hidden gun batteries and during the ground fighting the Galaxy was over run and broken by the Viper's Beta Galaxy, but was saved by a counter attack by Delta Galaxy of Clan Cloud Cobra.
After the Viper annihilation the Guards were rebuilt in 3082 they were stationed with their Galaxy in the Colleen system, on the planet Honor. Here in 3083 they came under attack by forces of both Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote; taking heavy casualties as they were pushed out of defensive enclaves. They stood at roughly twenty five percent strength in 3084 when the Star Adders called for a Trial of Absorption and by the end of the year Clan Blood Spirit had been effectively destroyed, the 17th Crimson Guards being the last Spirits standing. They were destroyed by orbital bombardment.
|Commanding Officers of the 17th Crimson Guards|
|Star Colonel||Geoff DeLuca||3059|
|Star Colonel||Werner Lewis||3067|
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 35, "17th Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 41
- The Wars of Reaving, p.150
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155-157
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70