17th Jaguar Regulars (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
|17th Jaguar Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Psi Galaxy|
The 17th Jaguar Regulars was a second line Cluster of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
- Byesville - As part of this clandestine campaign a company sized unit from the 1st Amphigean Light Assault Group Regiment dropped onto the planet in May 3059. The Seventeenth were still dealing with this threat when the main assault of Wave Two hit the planet. 
- Byesville - It was assaulted by the 5th Sun Zhang Cadre, 8th Sword of Light, 6th Lyran Guards and the 1st McCarron's Armored Cavalry. The Cluster managed a fighting withdrawal to Garstedt, where it joined with the 143rd Garrison Cluster and rebuilt itself back to almost full strength.
- Garstedt - When the attack came they offered only token resistance before retreating off planet. Leaving Trinary Echo to fight a delaying action in the Thuringen Mountains in August in order to buy time for both Clusters to retreat. Holding the Nurnburg Canyon for four hours against an entire regiment of Inner Sphere troops, they were only dislodged when a light company from the Ryuken-go was able to circle behind them. Only two Clan warriors survived this epic battle.
|Commanding Officers of the 17th Jaguar Regulars|
- Star Captain Sun-Ji Furey commanded Echo Trinary between 30?? and 3059.
- Star Commander An Wirth commanded Gamma Battle Star of Echo Trinary between 30?? and 3059.
Considering the action on Garstedt defensive actions appear to be a speciality.
- Trinary Echo
A Player may place a 'Mech on overwatch rather than moving it. The 'Mech may fire at any point later in the turn, even during the Movement Phase. A unit on overwatch may attack any unit within LOS and appropriate firing arcs, but may not torso twist. The overwatch attack is resolved immediately, with damage taking effect before the next moves (or the current unit continues its movement). Use the distance the target has moved up to the point of the attack to calculate the to-hit modifier for target movement. Overwatch fire also suffers a +2 initiative bonus.
- Objective Raids, p. 34
- The Dragon Roars, p. 8-9
- The Dragon Roars, p. 24
- The Dragon Roars, p. 44
- The Dragon Roars, p. 48-49
- Grave Covenant, p. 302
- Dragon Roars, p. 49