17th Scorpion Cuirassiers (Clan Goliath Scorpion)
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|17th Scorpion Cuirassiers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Nickname||The Golden Horde|
|Parent Formation||Delta Galaxy|
Like all Delta Galaxy units, the Seventeenth Scorpion Cuirassiers uses a mix of Elementals and Assault 'Mechs to defend its garrison. They favor designs that are fast and heavy, like the Cauldron-Born and Executioner. The Cluster is considered to be the lead unit of Delta Galaxy.
Wars of Reaving
The Goliath Scorpions launched an attack on Brim in 3072, foregoing any attempt at issuing a batchall and instead simply dropping two of Delta Galaxy's Clusters directly onto one of the three remaining Snow Raven enclaves, which consisted of a city and a Sylph manufacturing factory. The warriors who landed were shocked to discover that the enclave wasn't in fact being protected by Snow Raven warriors, but rather a large Society force.
The Society force demanded a proper batchall, but their demands were ignored by Galaxy Commander Lincoln Dinour and the resulting intense firefight spilled over into a nearby large terraforming research zone. During the battle several of the sealed tanks within the terraforming research area were pierced by stray shots, resulting in a devastating explosion that wiped out half the defending Society forces and the majority of the Goliath Scorpion forces on the ground, including the Seventeenth Cuirassiers.
|Commanding Officers of the 17th Scorpion Cuirassiers|
|Galaxy Commander||Lincoln Dinour||3061 - 3067|
The unit used Blitzkrieg tactics.
- CO: Galaxy Commander Lincoln Dinour
The Seventeenth Scorpion Cuirassiers can use Overrun Combat and also reduce the targeting modifier for secondary targets by 1 point. If there are two branches of service on the field (Mechs, Infantry, AeroSpace, etc.) they get a 1 point Initiative bonus.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 114, "17th Scorpion Cuirassiers Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 164
- Field Manual: Update, p. 78, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 95-96, "Sandbagging the Breach"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 183