180th Attack (Clan Ice Hellion)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|180th Attack Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Theta Galaxy|
The 180th Attack Cluster was the command unit of Theta Galaxy, and was often assigned to vessels considered to be the most vulnerable to attack. Between 3059 and 3067 the 180th was stationed on Hector.
During 3068 and 3071 the Custer was rotated across all of the Clan's holdings in the homeworlds in an attempt to confuse the other Clans as to its true strength and cover the troop movements to the Inner Sphere. On Huntress a Society cell operating from a Brian Cache close to the Hellion enclave made its move in August 3071 when a Dark Caste force raided the holding. A Trinary from the 180th Attack Cluster moved to intercept and were ambushed by a Society force of advanced ProtoMechs. The Trinary was quickly destroyed allowing the bandits to seize the enclave.
During the history of the 180th, one of its notable members was Star Captain Jagriman, a warrior from the Taney Bloodhouse. Despite being mute, Jagriman commanded the Fourteenth Sleet Binary using a system of special "radio tap" codes. During Jagriman's tenure as CO of the Fourteenth, the Binary was composed solely of Piranha BattleMechs, and scored a victory during a Trial of Possession on Ironhold against Clan Jade Falcon that saw the Sleet lose just three warriors in exchange for brutalizing two Turkinas and winning the use of the Roshak legacy for a single generation.
|Commanding Officers of the 180th Attack Cluster|
|Galaxy Commander||Marcus Wick||3067|
- CO: Galaxy Commander Renold
180th Attack Cluster (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Galaxy Commander Marcus Wick
The Cluster gains +2 to initiative when deploying combined arms forces. Warriors also gain a -1 piloting modifier when operation in low and zero gravity. Extra damage for movement in such conditions is reduced by 1.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 89, "180th Attack Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 153 "Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 72, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 84
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 110
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 98
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 110-111
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 129
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, p. 8, "Piranha"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 177