184th Light Horse Regiment
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|184th Light Horse Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||First Somerset Guards|
|Parent Formation||XXIX Corps|
The 184th Light Horse Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The First Somerset Guards were originally a Lyran Commonwealth unit from Somerset. They were gifted to the newly founded Star League. The Regiment often gave public displays in an attempt to drum up new recruits. 
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXIX Corps, Second Army, to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region and then transferred to District 2 in 2765 as part of the redeployment effort to fight the Periphery Uprising. The 184th was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 184th Light Horse Regiment|
They operated as a rapid deployment force against bandits. 
As an SLDF Light Horse regiment, the 184th would have been composed of light to medium vehicles backed up by at least two Recon companies composed of 'Mechs designed for information gathering in addition to any regular 'Mechs within the regiment.
Despite Field Manual: SLDF stating this unit was mustered on the Lyran world of Somerset, that world was a Rim World's Republic holding until 2773.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 52, "Independent Regiments"
- The Star League, p. 150, "Second"
- The Star League, p. 133