189th Battle Regiment
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|189th Battle Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XXV Corps|
The 189th Battle Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The 189th was an independent command in the XXV Corps of the Eighth Army, and in 2764 was assigned to District 1 of the Free Worlds League Military Region. In 2765 they were stationed in the Federation of Oriente, the lone SLDF unit to be present in that polity. To maintain their skills they often worked and trained with the 360th BattleMech Division or the Sixty-seventh BattleMech Division for exercises.
The eruption of the New Vandenberg Uprising in 2765 caused many SLDF units to be mobilized into the periphery to assist in putting down the uprising and ensuing rebellion, with the remaining SLDF units redistributed to cover the resulting gaps. This resulted in the 189th being moved to District 3 of the FWLMR.
In 2773 the 189th was part of the first wave of troops to hit the planet of Connaught. They smuggled themselves in system disguised on merchant vessels along with the Second French Infantry Regiment. Joining up with the 157th BattleMech Division that arrived via a pirate point close to the planet on three Potemkin-class warships, they dropped on to the highest priority targets. Over the next few days they took heavy casualties before being relieved by the main assault force of the Eighth Army. 
The 189th survived the Hegemony Campaign, but didn't follow Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus; instead, the 189th joined the Capellan Confederation. Recruited by the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces in 2783, the 189th was redesignated as the Twenty-fourth Sian Dragoons in 2786.
|Commanding Officers of the 189th Battle Regiment|
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 112
- The Star League, p. 141
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 130
- First Succession War, p. 136, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF)"
- The Star League, p. 133