18th Fleet (SLDF)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||SLDF Naval Command|
The Eighteenth Fleet was a part of the Star League Defense Force Naval Command. Since Simon Cameron's death, the Eighteenth Fleet was the SLDF's "troubleshooter" fleet. During its deployments, it crossed the Inner Sphere twice in eighty weeks.
One of the SLDF Naval Command's independent Fleets, the Eighteenth Fleet was highly mobile, tasked with six different regional deployments in the ten years between 2751 and 2761. When the Periphery Uprising began the Eighteenth was scattered across both the Magistracy of Canopus and Free Worlds League and ended up taking heavy casualties from saboteurs in the opening weeks of the uprising; however, as the extent of the Secret Army became known, the Eighteenth Fleet linked up with the Ninth Fleet to continue combat operations.
As the Eighteenth was so frequently on the move, it didn't have a home port. Instead the squadrons used whatever SLDF bases were nearby to rearm and resupply.
|Commanding Officers of the 18th Fleet (SLDF)|
- 181st Pursuit Squadron (Lightning Jack's Chariot)
- 182nd Line Squadron (The Valentina Vickings)
- 183rd Line Squadron (Nocte Vincent Omnes)
- CO: Vice Admiral Kang Su-Lin
- 184th Escort Squadron (Safety Blanket)
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 48, "Eighteenth Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 218