18th Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Eighteenth Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||LXVII Corps|
After surviving the Periphery uprising in 2765 the Eighteenth went on to fight during the Hegemony Campaign. During the assault on Alula Australis in December 2775 the Division overran several AEAF outposts and captured the Mount Castarn Castle Brian in less than a weeks fighting, capturing both the garrison commander and planetary governor.
The Division sustained heavy casualties on Alula Australis from WMD attacks; as a result, the Eighteenth as a division had been disbanded by 2779, although some surviving elements of the division joined the Draconis Combine and Lyran Commonwealth. Those personnel from the Eighteenth who joined the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces were used to reactivate the Eighteenth Lyran Guards in 2782, whilst those who joined the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery were mustered together with personnel from the former 200th Jump Infantry Division to form the Twenty-seventh Dieron Regulars in 2783.
|Commanding Officers of the 18th Infantry Division|
- The Star League, p. 158, "Twentieth Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 46
- First Succession War, p. 33, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133