18th Royal Brigade (SLDF)
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|18th Royal Brigade|
|Unit Profile (as of 2581)|
|Parent Formation||6th Royal Division|
The Eighteenth Royal Brigade was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Formed as a part of the 6th Royal Division during the creation of the SLDF, the 18th Royal Brigade was a part of II Corps during Operation UNION HOLD, the five-year campaign to conquer the Outworlds Alliance. The 18th served as a part of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force from the start of the operation in 2581 until the entire 6th Royal Division was transferred to the Taurian Concordat front in 2584.
The 18th was stationed on Kesai IV when the invasion of the Alliance began, and was deployed forward to pacify the population of Niles in 2581, before taking part in the attack on Sevon in late 2581. The 18th and the other brigades of the 6th Royal Division were mauled by the Pitcairn Legion and the Alliance 4th Armored Division before the 6th Royal had managed to finish unloading from their DropShips; Colonel Elias Pitcairn duped the commander of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force into an ambush, one that checked the SLDF advance and allowed the combined Alliance forces to attack the 6th Royal Division landing zone. The resulting day-long battle allowed the Alliance forces to inflict heavy damage on the 6th Royal and capture signficant quantities of salvage, and the Alliance forces would turn the fight for Sevon into a month-long campaign.
Having been bloodied on Sevon, the 18th was keen to exact vengeance on the Alliance; Forlough gave them an opportunity in early 2582 when he tasked them with conquering the Alliance world of Kennard. That desire for vengeance wouldn't be quickly satisfied though, as Pitkin was defended only by a minor militia force, and the 18th easily took control of the world. The 18th would face the Pitcairn Legion again, though; Colonel Pitcairn led the 1st Pitcairn Legion in a raid against the forces on Kennard in early 2583, arriving in disguise and then spending two weeks attacking every major outpost the 18th had on Kennard as the 18th Royal tried to pin the nimble Legion forces down. For the second time, the Legion left the 18th bloodied and embarassed.
The 18th Royal Brigade remained on Kennard until the 6th Royal Division was redeployed to the Taurian front.
|Commanding Officers of the 18th Brigade|
|Lieutenant General||Daishin Minxia||2583|
- When randomly generating force experience all 18th Royal Brigade forces apply a +2 bonus to the Random Experience Level roll.
- All 18th Royal Brigade units add a +1 bonus to Initiative rolls.
- All 18th Royal Brigade units may Force the Initiative.
- All 18th Royal Brigade units may utilize Overrun Combat.
- All 18th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus on Availability Rolls for Advanced Components.
- All 18th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to repair rolls.
- All 18th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to determine the availability of supplies or replacement equipment.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 110-111, "Fait Accompli(shed)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 114-115, "Sevon"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 118, "Kennard and Pitkin"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 123, "Pitcairn's Raids"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"