196th BattleMech Division
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|196th BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Gettysburg Division|
|Parent Formation||XXXVI Corps|
The One Hundred Ninety-sixth BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
Prior to the fall of the Star League, the 196th was involved in destroying a slaving operation on the world of Viroflay during a tour with the 20th Army (Star League). The commanding officer at the time, General Gould Watts, declared "I have freed the slaves" upon completing the mission causing a brief media sensation.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXXVI Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The 196th was destroyed during the Periphery Uprising in 2765.
|Commanding Officers of the 196th BattleMech Division|
- 1961st Brigade 
- 1962nd Brigade
- 1963rd Brigade
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 193, "196th BattleMech Division"
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13