199th BattleMech Division
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|199th BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Kursk Division|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
The One Hundred Ninety-ninth BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXIII Corps, Fifteenth Army, to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. They garrisoned the Kaznejoy system, protecting a large investment of terraforming effort and equipment. The Department of Mega-Engineering constructed a series of solar power stations and low orbit mirrors to alter the amount of sunlight reaching the planet surface. These were controlled from Fort Darwin, headquarters of the 199th. Due to the large number of orbital assets, the 199th had a permanently attached aerospace force that was assigned to inspect and protect the mirrors. As they frequently saw themselves in the mirrors this unit was called "Kursk's Vanity."
|Commanding Officers of the 199th BattleMech Division|
- 1991st Brigade 
- 1992nd Brigade
- 1993rd Brigade
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 183
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13