1st Al Na'ir Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|1st Al Na'ir Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Al Na'ir Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Al Na'ir. As of 3075 three units had raised from this planet, the 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd.
Al Na'ir was not easily cowed. During the Jihad, the Word of Blake sent large numbers of AeroSpace Fighter-carrying DropShips and Pocket WarShips to the system. These Blakist units scoured the asteroid belts, destroying the Yori MechWorks assembly lines and inflicting severe losses on the population by destroying their domed cities. By mid-March 3069 Al Na'ir had been conquered by the Blakists and incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate.
But nevertheless the Word of Blake raised three divisions of local troops for its defense.
Having been occupied by the Word of Blake, Al Na'ir was targeted for liberation by the allied coalition assembled by Devlin Stone. Coalition forces assaulted Al Na'ir on the 1st of July 3076 as one of four planetary assaults on Protectorate worlds that took place simultaneously, with the other strikes targeting the Rio, Rochelle and Van Diemen IV systems.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Al Na'ir Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 23, "World Profile"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"