1st Altenmarkt Militia
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|First Altenmarkt Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Nickname||The Altenmarkt Wolves|
KungsArmé (after independence)
Third Succession War
The First Altenmarkt Militia was a BattleMech command in the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery created in 3019. It was formed by Coordinator Takashi Kurita as an experiment in reducing rebellious activity. The unit was composed entirely of people from Altenmarkt and posted to the Periphery border. The ISF's propaganda department told the people of Altenmarkt that the unit was achieving glorious victories in order to focus their attentions away from revolting against the Coordinator's rule. As of 3025, the command was considered a success in that regard, and assigned to defend Outpost.
The reality though was that the Altenmarkt Militia was not having a glory-filled time. On top of that, the unit was low on the Procurement Department's list, which forced the 'Mechs of the unit had to be constantly jury-rigged before they could face battle. Even with all this handicaps, the unit had managed to become an effective, with various members being transferred to bolster other units, while other wide-eyed citizens of Altenmarkt replace them.
Fourth Succession War
The Militia garrisoned Liezen during the Fourth Succession War. When Liezen was attacked by the Winfield's Brigade, the numerically superior militia avoided major confrontations with the elite Steiner unit, which lacked the man-power to garrison Liezen's cities and hunt the militia down at the same time. When Winfield's Brigade was reinforced by the Fourth Donegal Guards, the Altenmarkt Militia withdrew from Liezen.
The militia unit participated in the Ronin War. In June of 3034, they attacked Tukayyid to secure food supplies under orders from Warlord Vasily Cherenkoff. They sent a diversionary force to keep the command lance of the Fox's Teeth and First Drakøns away from their target. The bulk of the unit rolled over the remainder of the Teeth. The diversionary force did not fare well, but the rest of the militia was able to get away with the needed foodstuffs.
The command then rallied on Orestes along with the Twenty-second Rasalhague Regulars and a regiment of Night Stalkers. In June, the Third Drakøns hit Orestes, along with the Legion of the Rising Sun and Dismal Disinherited, who were on loan from the Lyran Commonwealth. The militia fought the Drakøn outside Ormunde and lost badly. Their command staff was captured and their supplies were taken.
In February 3052 Altenmarkt came under attack from the Thirteenth Wolf Guards as part of Clan Wolf's Fifth Wave of Operation REVIVAL. At the time the planet was defended by the First Altenmarkt 'Mech Regiment and the First Altenmarkt Brigade, the latter of which was easily destroyed during the first battle at Kokstad. The Altenmarkt 'Mechs however were harder to destroy, using their knowledge of the planet's terrain to avoid destruction for several days and waging a second battle at Senekal. They were finally defeated in the final battle at Mydenburg when their commanding officer was killed by the Wolf Spiders.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Altenmarkt Militia|
|Tai-sho||Aldus Bergen||3025 - 3028|
The First specialized in fighting in open terrain.
The militia unit was primarily composed of medium-class 'Mechs.
1st Altenmarkt Militia (Veteran/Reliable) 
1st Altenmarkt Militia (BattleMech Regiment/Veteran) 
- CO/1st Battalion - Tai-sho Aldus Bergen
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 68
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 148 "The Altenmarkt Militia"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 149
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 134
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 64, "Liezen"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 113
- Historical: Brush Wars, pp. 113-114
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 135
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p 106
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine),p. 136
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p.134