1st Amaris Legionnaires
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|1st Amaris Legionnaires|
|Unit Profile (as of 2583)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Legionnaires|
By 2583 civil war had been raging within the Rim Worlds Republic for eight years, fought between supporters of First Consul Gregory Amaris and supporters of the Rim Provisional Government; the First Amaris Legionnaires had remained loyal to Amaris, and were stationed on the world of Medellin in the Apollo Province of the Rim Worlds Republic.
The Star League Defense Force had created a task named Task Force MAILED FIST following the decision by the Star League to intervene in the civil war and restore Amaris to power. The Star League had initiated Operation MAILED FIST in mid-2581, but the SLDF plans had been forced to change after a deep raid by the Fourth Amaris Fusiliers had managed to strike at the Lyran Commonwealth interior world of Alarion.
The result was the reorganization of the SLDF forces and their auxiliaries into three battlegroups, each responsible for the pacification of one of the three provinces that made up the Rim Worlds Republic. Medellin and the First Legionnaires were targets of the battlegroup assigned to pacifying the Apollo Province, and the SLDF deployed the Eighteenth Division from VI Corps to pacifying the world.
The First Legionnaires and the other forces on Medellin had prepared in advance for the invasion, and while the BattleMech forces within the Eighteenth Division initially made good progress against the armor forces within the Legionnaires, the SLDF forces soon found themselves bogging down in wooded terrain. Things rapidly got worse for the Eighteenth; the Legionnaires had extensive knowledge of the local terrain that they put to lethal use, luring the Eighteenth into killing zones prepared well in advance. Complicating the campaign yet further for the Eighteenth were the extensive bunkers and tunnel complexes dug into the nearby hillsides, a tactic that would become increasingly common in the defense of worlds across the Republic against the SLDF. The concealed weapons and anti-'Mech infantry frequently launched harassing attacks against the SLDF from the flanks and the rear, with SLDF losses increasing rapidly. The SLDF campaign took almost a year to complete; the infantry units within the Eighteenth had to clear each and every bunker, a process that wasn't completed until February 2584 and that was soon to become commonplace on worlds across the Republic.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Amaris Legionnaires|
- During the Reunification War the First Legionnaires receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 134, "Helbrent to Nightwish (July 2582 - November 2584)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 154, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132-133, "Alarion (December 2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582-2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 134, "Busting Bunkers"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"