1st Aragon Borderers
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|First Aragon Borderers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||The Pride of New Aragon|
In actuality an upgraded garrison, the First Aragon Borderers are stationed on the Capellan March border world of New Aragon. The unit has been deployed off world, but has been most effective as a counter-insurgency force and short-range strike force.
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
Fourth Succession War
During the second wave of Operation Rat they captured Hunan. The defending 1st Battalion of the Freemont's Cuirassiers made the invasion difficult, only the arrival of the supporting double company from the Davion Light Guards RCT saved the day.
War of 3039
They continued to fight so-called freedom fighter, because the joint invasion of Liao/Marik goes on.
They battled the Smoke Jaguars during the Operation first on Almunge, supported by the First Amphigean Light Assault Group. On Coudoux they fought alongside the Second Sword of Light, Com Guards Thirty-fourth Division, and the First Amphigean LAG against the Jaguars' Eighth Garrison Cluster. After that, they and the First Amphigean LAG attacked Staplefield, supported by the First Free Worlds Guards.
FedCom Civil War
The Third FedCom RCT was defeated after the combined might of the Borderers and the Twelfth Vegan Rangers Alpha Regiment battled them to the ground. Their losses were heavy but with the battlefield salvage the command could rebuild to former strength.
New Aragon was assaulted by Word of Blake forces in 3069. The Borderers were on the world at the time, rebuilding from damage they'd taken as part of Operation Sovereign Justice. The Borderers quickly took control of several Star League fortresses and began a hit and run campaign against the invading Blakists. The Blakist troops wanted to end the fight quickly, so they deployed several chemical weapons in the tunnels that connected the forts. These attacks destroyed the Aragon Borderers completely.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Aragon Borderers|
|Leftenant General||Barrie Salsburg||3054|
|Leftenant General||Jimmie Kirston||3062|
|Major General||Jimmie Kirston||3067|
The Borderes are most effective as a counter-insurgency force and short-range strike force. They also prefer a defensive position if possible.
First Aragon Borderers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
1st Aragon Borderers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
1st Aragon Borderers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- CO: Leftenant General Barrie Salsburg 
- Note: At this point in time the command was stationed on New Aragon. 
1 st Aragon Borderers (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- CO: Leftenant General Barrie Salsburg 
- Note: At this point in time the command was stationed on Layover. 
- CO: Leftenant General Jimmie Kirston
- Two Battalions only
First Aragon Auxiliary (2 Battalions/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Tab Daniels
First Aragon Borderers (Veteran/Relibale)
- CO: Major General Jimmie Kirston
First Aragon Auxiliary (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Gil O'Connell
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
The Aragon Borderers have a blue and white parade paint scheme.
- Before the First Aragon Borderers were created, the First Auxiliary was known as the Seventh Aragon Armored Cavalry.
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 45, "First Aragon Borderers: The Pride of New Aragon"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 32, "Capellan Front - Other Second-Wave Action"
- The Dragon Roars, pp. 10-13, "Unit Summaries - Operation Bulldog"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 59, "Wave one - New Aragon"
- Field Manual Updates, p. 125, "Independent Commands - First Aragon Borderers"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 20, "Timeline of the Jihad" 14-30 October.
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 8, "Independent Commands"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 137 (pdf version), "Valexa PDZ"
- Objective Raids, p. 15, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 137, "Armed Forces Of the Federated Suns - Deployment Tabl"
- Historical: War of 3039, p.135
- 20 Year Update, p. 21
- Objective Raids, p. 15