1st Chesterton Voltigeurs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|First Chesterton Voltigeurs|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Parent Formation||Chesterton Reserves|
First Succession War
The Voltigeurs first tasted combat fighting against House Kurita on Rio and Ronel in the first half of the 2800's. Where the Ariana Grenadiers were routed from Ronel, the Voltigeurs were far more successful on Rio. The Voltigeurs began by intercepting the Dieron Regulars' DropShips with aerospace fighters while the DropShips were entering the upper atmosphere, and successfully shot down two DropShips, which crashed into the surface south of the port city of San Lucas. The remaining Regulars' DropShips managed to land, but found themselves immediately subject to artillery fire from the Voltigeurs, forcing the DropShips to boost for safety as soon as the last 'Mechs had managed to disembark. The Regulars attempted to quickly seize the resort city of San Lucas to use as a base for operations, only to discover that the Voltigeurs had rigged a number of the tallest buildings in the city to collapse using explosives, as well as mining half the streets. Within half an hour of landing, the Regulars found themselves trapped in a burning, fiery hell that had once been a pristine resort town on a world that had enjoyed a reputation as a holiday paradise during the Star League era.
Second Succession War
During Operation RAIN, one of two counter-offensives launched by the Federated Suns against the Capellan Confederation in late October 2829, Westphalia was invaded by the Twenty-second Avalon Hussars. Defending Westphalia was the responsibility of the First Chesterton Voltigeurs, who were supported by a pair of marine regiments and five companies of hovercraft, suited to Westphalia's water-rich environment. The Hussars had planned for this though, and had brought a substantial contingent of conventional forces suitable for blue-water operations with them - including hovercraft, hydrofoils and even a pair of submarines. While BattleMechs fought battles on the islands and littoral areas, naval battles in the deeper waters of the ocean saw hundreds dying, either lost with their ships or lost to starvation and thirst after being cast adrift. The Hussars eventually proved the more skilled of the two 'Mech commands, and after eleven weeks of combat the survivors of the Voltiguers surrendered, and were shipped off to POW camps deeper in the Capellan March.
Third Succession War
Fourth Succession War
Defense of Tikonov
All three regiments of the Chesterton Voltigeurs took part in the assault on New Aragon. The Voltigeurs suffered heavy losses attacking a supply depot and eventually surrendered when escape proved impossible.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Chesterton Voltigeurs|
First Chesterton Voltigeurs (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Voltigeurs was a lightweight regiment operating just above half strength and stationed on Rio.
1st Chesterton Voltigeurs (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on Plataea with an operational readiness of 82 percent. 
1st Chesterton Voltigeurs (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Conwy with an operational readiness of 17 percent. 
- CO: Colonel Alana Dickersenn
- First Battalion - Major Athena Cochraine
- Second Battalion - Major Emmanuel Rinn
- Third Battalion - Major William Gazen
Crossed katana blades against a red field.
First Succession War states that the First Chesterton Voltigeurs was one of three BattleMech regiments raised by Sandol Quinn before his installation as Regent Chancellor. Quinn was installed as Regent Chancellor in 2795, and the Voltigeurs were not listed as an active regiment in 2786, while House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) states that the Voltigeurs were formed in the last decade of the twenty-eighth century, giving a window of between 2790 and 2795 for the formation of the regiment.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 83, "1st Chesterton Voltigeurs"
- First Succession War, p. 82, "Caught In The Capellan Crossfire"
- Second Succession War, p. 28, "The Suns-Confederation Front"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 30, "Other Actions on Tikonov"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 97, "New Aragon"
- First Succession War, p. 135, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces"
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 95
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p.105