1st Drakøns (Rasalhague Dominion)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Polar Galaxy|
- 1 Unit Description
- 2 Unit History
- 3 Officers
- 4 Tactics
- 5 Composition History
- 6 Notes
- 7 Rules
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
The First Drakøns is a Clan Ghost Bear second-line BattleMech Cluster, which originally consisted of soldiers whom were members defunct Free Rasalhague Republic formerly of the BattleMech Regiment of the same name.
After the merging of the Republic into the Ghost Bear Dominion, Clan Ghost Bear would by 3074 would re-organize the KungsArmé into a new Clan-oriented military formation. Honoring the Free Rasalhague Republic's military past, the Clan reform which would including the First Drakøns, joining its surviving the Third Drakøns,.
Staffed by native Rasalhagians and former KungsArmé soldiers, the First Drakøn's personal would have undertake series of Trials of Position to attain their place in the Cluster. Assigned to the newly formed Tundra Galaxy, the unit would soon be redeployed within the Dominion in order to free up Clan frontline Combat units to fight the Word of Blake.
During the brief KungsArmé rebellion in 3076, the unit would not act in resentment of the treatment of fellow soldiers of the former KungsArmé who refused demoted or returned civilian life due to failure of winning their Trials of Position.
The unit would be moved to Oriente as part of their garrison assignment as of December 3076. The unit would being rewarded for it's show of restraint during the Rebellion, be rewarded with upgrades to it's touman of equipment, while still not completely trusted by Ghost Bear's Clan Council. Courchevel
Early Dark Age Era
Post-Jihad Era Events
The unit along with other Tundra Galaxy's clusters would be rotated to the Draconis Combine's border, they would be in position to repel possible raids from House Kurita and allies the Clan Nova Cat.
Second Combine-Dominion War
First Battle of Labrae
At the outbreak of the Second Combine-Dominion War, the First Drakøn was assigned to the first wave of the invasion of the Draconis Combine's Irece Prefecture. The unit was also honored making history being first freeborn command in the clan to lead Trueborn unit in to combat. The First Drakøn and Fourth Bear Regulars would arrive in the Labrea system in January 18th, 3099.
The two clusters would move quickly to the surface, where the defending Nova Cat Ledgers would first dispatch their Aerospace assets to harry Drakøns and the Regular's landing zones. Galaxy Commander Storland had expected the out number Nova Cats to avoid contact, decided two devised a strategy breaking up Drakøn into temporary Stars formations, have them deploy encompassing the landing zone in a expanding circle. Deployed in this manner allowed the Cluster to avoid being targeted as easily by Nova Cat's dwindling air power, forcing Leger's commander Star Colonel Jose Watson after weeks of harrying the Drakøns from the air, would launch a driving attack against two Cluster's DropShips.
First Drakøn's commander would order their fellow Bear Cluster to conduced a parallel charge against the incoming Nova Cat Ledgers. As the Nova Cat's began to engage the Drakøn, Storland would order his Drakøns to charge Nova Cats while not holding anyone back in reserve. The First Drakøn ferocious attack, fueled partially from the destruction of their fellow warriors of the Third Hussars ripped into the Ledgers. The overwhelming attack of the Drakøn would wreck the Nova Cats as their allies in the Fourth Bear Regulars would arrive to begin their attack. Few surviving Ledgers would end up retreating off world, while Storland ordered his clusters to raze all the Nova Cat Enclaves and settlements.
Second Battle of Labrae
By Late 3099, the Second Drakøn had joined First and the Fourth Bears Regulars in garrisoning of Labrea. Storland his aerospace forces stay close to the planet to intercept possible invaders trying retake the planet. On October 12th a task force of Nova Cat forces lead by saKhan Heather Winters arrived in system. Storland's aerospace forces from the Second Drakøn were able destroy some incoming Dropships, reducing Nova Cat's ground and aerospace assets. For the course of the month long battle, both Drakøns clusters would end up began to wear down from the constant fighting. Turning point would be when a badly damaged Nova Cat Dropship, plunged into Second Drakøn's formation taking out number of Mechs and Battle Armor in it's wake. By the 19th of November, Galaxy Commander Storland would order withdrawal of Ghost Bear forces, heading off to Caripare to regroup and recover.
Late Dark Age
The later part of the era, the unit would like other Drakøns Clusters, retain their Combat Vehicle only Trinaries, while MechWarriors would still be embracing the use of Melee weapons for close-quarters combat.
The Draconis Combine Clashes
In June 3145 while garrisoned on Oriente, the Second Arkab Legion conducted raid. Fueled by their earlier defeat on Port Moseby, the Drakøns vented their frustration on the Legion. However, despite rebellion the raid, the Drakøns took heavier losses than the Legion as they departed the planet.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Drakøns Cluster (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Rhett Weaver||3076|
|Galaxy Commander||Signa Pegrema||3085|
|Galaxy Commander||Marius Storland||3099|
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Drakøns Cluster (Rasalhague Dominion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Terje Hembre||3145|
- First Drakøns Cluster
- Unit Note 1: As of December 3076, the unit was headquarters out of Oriente at 70% of fighting strength. The Unit was considered to be Veterans skilled and have a loyalty of Reliable rating to both Clan Ghost Bear and people of the former Free Rasalhague Republic.
- Unit Note 2: The Cluster, like other Clan KungsArmé forces equipment consist of mix of ComStar, Draconis Combine, Lyran, Clan Second-Line 'Mechs and by 3077, some Word of Blake BattleMech as well.
- First Drakøns (Cluster) [Regular Skilled, Questionable Loyalty]
- First Drakøns (Cluster) [Regular Skilled, Questionable Reliable]
- Unit Note: Stationed on Courchevel, the unit at 70% strength, Omni Equipment Rating of 18% Second-Line equipment.
- First Drakøns (Cluster) [Elite Skilled, Fanatical Loyalty]
- Unit Note: Stationed on Orestes, the unit is at 70% fighting strength, Omni Equipment Rating of 0% Second Line equipment.
Historical: Wars of the Republic Era (Special Command Rules)- Due to being on the border of the Draconis Combine, the First Drakøns has salvaged number units from the enemy prior to Second Combine-Dominion War. When using the Random Assignment Table (RAT) from this book, First Drakøns players must roll 2 units out of five from the Draconis Combine and Nova Cat RAT.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 - Unit's configuration and origin as Inner Sphere Regiment.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 59 - Reorganization of KungsArmé, which includes the 1st Drakøns as a Clan Ghost Bear combat force.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 101 - Domestic Affairs - KungsArmé merge and Trials to retain their warrior status noted.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 - Unit's rebirth as a BattleMech Cluster honoring old Free Rasalhague Republic's dead Regiment by the same name.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 91 Rasalhague Rebellion - First Drakøns did not join in the rebellion against the Ghost Bears.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 105 - KUNGSARMÉ / Tundra Galaxy status on the Cluster.
- Field Report: Clans, pp.22-23 Irregular Forces/Tundra Galaxy - First Drakøns would received upgrades for not acting out during the Rebellion, but not trusted.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 121 - Clan Ghost Bear/Tundra Galaxy - The cluster's galaxy deployments in later part of the Jihad/Early Dark Age.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 27 Labrea - Drakøn and the Fourth Bear Regulars invades Labrea and destroy most of them and raze world's Nova Cat settlements.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 31 Labrea - 1st and Drakøn and the Fourth Bear Regulars battles the Ghost Bears for Labrea for the second time, but are forced withdraw from planet.
- Field Manual: 3145 Rasalhague Dominion/Tundra Galaxy - First Drakøns noted for their combined arms mentality, retaining cluster's mentality of using Melee weapons like hatchets.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 52 Benjamin Regulars/43rd Benjamin Regulars - First Drakøns is defeated and losses the planet to the regiment and the Combine.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 62 Alternate Paths/Second Arab Legion - Recount of raid on Orient involving the Second Arkab Legion.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 105 - KUNGSARMÉ / Polar Galaxy - Galaxy Commander Rhett Weaver shown to be in command of Tundra galaxy in 3076, the First Drakøns has always been lead unit of the galaxy.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128 Clan Military Forces/Ghost Bear Dominion - "Polar Galaxy's First Drakøns commanding officer is listed, who is also the Tundra Galaxy's commander.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 27 Labrea - First Battle of Labrea notes current commanding officer's name and his position as galaxy commander of the Tundra Galaxy.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172, "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076,p. 105 - KUNGSARMÉ / Polar Galaxy.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128 First Drakons - Unit command is same as it was in 3076, along with status.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 -Equipment note.
- Field Report: Clans, p. 24 - IRREGULAR FORCES/KUNGSARMÉ/ Tundra Galaxy - 1st Drakøns's status with the rest of Tundra Galaxy.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128,195 Clan Military Forces/Ghost Bear Dominion and Master Equipment Levels - "1st Drakøns status as of 3085, unit strength, tech levels and level of equipment. SL=Second Line Units, with no modifiers to advance equipment.
- Field Manual: 3145, p.173 Clan Force Deployment 31st December 3145 / Tundra Galaxy - 1st Drakøns status as of 3145, unit strength, tech levels, and percentage of equipment mix.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 91 Special Rules fore the Second Combine Dominion War/KungsArmé - First Drakøns and rest of the KungsArmé gains access to Draconis Combine and Clan Nova Units due to their year on the border.