1st Dyev Protectorate Militia
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|1st Dyev Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Dyev Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Dyev. As of 3075 there were three Planetary Militias in Dyev, the 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd.
As the allied coalition created by Devlin Stone began striking against Word of Blake Protectorate worlds the combined Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Snow Raven task force which had agreed to support the coalition struck at a number of Blakist worlds on the 21st of July 3076. Dyev was one of the worlds targeted by the Clan forces, along with the nearby worlds of Kervil, Ko, Lambrecht, Moore and Sabik. that shattered the Protectorate Militias on Dyev.
The Word of Blake launched a counter-assault on Dyev in mid-December, with the Blakist ground troops receiving support from a number of WarShips and Pocket WarShips. The resulting battles saw three Blakist WarShips destroyed, the Whirlwind-class destroyer Fire Fang, the Aegis-class heavy cruiser WoBS Righteous Fury and the Congress-class frigate WoBS Hollings York. However, the Blakist vessels took on three Ghost Bear WarShips - the Leviathan II-class battleship CGB Rasalhague, the Nightlord-class battleship CGB Ursa Major and the Clan Snow Raven Aegis-class CSR Scabbard. As the Blakist WarShips and their accompanying Pocket WarShips and Assault DropShips engaged the Clan WarShips, a second Blakist force arrived and delivered multiple troop DropShips onto Dyev, with two-thirds of the troops surviving and dispersing to avoid orbital bombardment from the Clan ships. The Clans took a heavy toll on the Blakist WarShips, but the Scabbard was destroyed and the Ursa Major was heavily damaged.
The Blakist counter assaults saw forces consisting of the Twenty-eighth and Thirty-second Militia Divisions augmented by the Third Bryant, First Lipton, Second New Earth and First Zosma Protectorate Militia Divisions land around Trogport and the planetary capital, Novaya Mensk. Blakist media sources claimed that the 28th, Bryant and Lipton Division forces used mine tunnels connecting to the Tupik chasm to hold off forces from the Ghost Bear Alpha and Omega Galaxies. The media sources also reported that the Thirty-second, New Earth and Zosma Divisions were using the fortifications established on Dyev by the Draconis Combine to resist attacks from the Ghost Bear Kappa and Pi Galaxies. History records that the twenty-eighth and Thirty-second Militia Divisions were subsequently destroyed on Dyev before the end of 3076.
It is quite probable that some of the Dyev Protectorate Militia survived the initial Coalition assault, but any of them would end up being destroyed after Clan Ghost Bear forces finally crushed the Blakist counter assault forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Dyev Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "A Time Of Cleansing"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 20, "Autopsy Of Dyev"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 87-88, "Dyev Hit By Blakist Counterattack!"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"