Elgin Protectorate Militia Division
|Elgin Protectorate Militia Division|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The Elgin Protectorate Militia Division is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Elgin. As of 3075 it was the only unit raised from this planet.
During the Jihad Elgin was annexed by the Word of Blake, and was in turn targeted for liberation by the allied coalition in January 3078 as a part of Operation SCOUR. Forces from the Free Worlds League Group II fought a bitter conflict with the defending First Elgin Protectorate Militia Division. The fight only ended when the Division commander was killed, leaving the coalition forces - believed to be the Seventh Pesht Regulars, Com Guard Fifth Army and the Home Guard - in possession of Elgin.
|Commanding Officers of the Elgin Protectorate Militia Division|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78, "New Year, New Wave"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Wasat Falls?"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 45, "Overview: Alys Marik"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Too Much To Handle?"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"