1st Fleet (DCA)
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Draconis Combine Admiralty|
The First Fleet was one of eight WarShip fleets operating within the Draconis Combine in 2765, and was one of two fleets assigned to the Galedon district, serving alongside the Second Fleet. The First Fleet was based around the DCS An Ting, a Samarkand-class carrier.
In common with the other Fleets within the DCA morale in the First Fleet was high, despite the presumption by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery that the DCA Fleets were little more than a taxi service. All of the crews within the First Fleet were subject to vetting by the Internal Security Force and each WarShip had ISF agents aboard, but the crews of the First Fleet were fanatically loyal to Coordinator Takiro Kurita, well-trained, proud and aggressive.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Fleet (DCA)|
First Fleet (Veteran/Reliable)
In common with the black water navies of the other Great Houses the Draconis Combine Admiralty was relatively small, despite the military buildup going on within the Draconis Combine following the decision by the Star League Council in 2752 to repeal the Council Edict of 2650; the various Fleets within the DCA had expanded sharply, largely through restoring mothballed WarShips to service, but was still dwarfed in size by the navy of the Star League Defense Force.
Whilst the exact composition of the First Fleet is unknown, the overall size of the DCA in 2765 was known to be forty-two WarShips - of which eight were the Samarkand-class carriers serving as flagships within the eight fleets, two were Vigilant-class corvettes assigned permanently to the First Proserpina Hussars and six were Block I Narukami-class destroyers assigned to the Seventh and Eighth Fleets in the Pesht district. The remaining twenty-six WarShips consisted of seven heavy cruisers - five Aegis-class and two Cruiser-class - some fifteen assorted destroyers, five each of the Baron, Essex I and Lola I classes, and four Vincent Mk. 39-class corvettes.
It was noted by the Star League Intelligence Command that based on the rate of expansion within the DCA since 2752, if the military buildup continued at the same pace the various DCA Fleets would increase to three times their 2765-strength within twenty years.
- Assuming that the WarShips were distributed evenly across the various Fleets, the First Fleet was most likely composed of the Samarkand-class flagship DCS An Ting and four other WarShips, with those four likely to consist of either four destroyers/corvettes or a single heavy cruiser and three destroyers/corvettes - but it is important to note that this detail has not been confirmed in canon.
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Admiralty"