1st Free Worlds Legionnaires
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st Free Worlds Legionnaires|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||The Eagles of Atreus|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds Legionnaires|
The First Free Worlds Legionnaires were formed in 3042 from veterans of the Defenders of Andurien and the Marik Guard. Six months later, they fought off a Federated Commonwealth raid on Suzano by the Fifth Syrtis Fusiliers. Using offense in a situation that typically called for defense threw the FedCom unit off guard and forced them to retreat off planet.
Known for their hatred of the Capellan Confederation, the First Free Worlds Legionnaires quickly struck several Capellan worlds. After the Free Worlds League dissolved, the Legionnaires joined the Duchy of Andurien. After reorganizing as the First Andurien Rangers they raided Principia and repelled an attack on Andurien by the 2nd Oriente Hussars. In 3079, they remained on Atreus as the garrisoning force.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Free Worlds Legionnaires|
As with their defense of Suzano, the Eagles prefer to stay on the offensive. The specialize in quick raids and flanking.
1st Free Worlds Legionnaires (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Martin Honnifer
- XO: Lieutenant Colonel Roger Allenburg
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Steven Humphreys
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Bronson Lebeaux
- Wing Commander: Commodore Wilerby Rosslyn
1st Legionnaires Armor Regiment (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Alison Dainty
- Troop Commander: Colonel Mitchell Bradley
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 36, "1st Free Worlds Legionnaires Unit Profile"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 12