1st French Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st French Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2779)|
|Parent Formation||LVI Corps|
The First French Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The First French Regiment was formed from the First Foreign Cavalry Regiment of the French Foreign Legion. The unit was founded in 1921 and fought in every war on Terra until the Second Soviet Civil War. After that it was sent off-world to garrison French-speaking colonies.
In 2765 it was part of a force that landed on New Vandenberg in an effort to curtail growing anti-League sentiment. However, a squad from the regiment was killed in a running battle with a platoon from the local militia regiment. The regiment's commander, not wanting to jeopardize ongoing negotiations, refused to retaliate. The local militia, fearing a reprisal attack, launched their own assault, and the resulting Battle of Fort Gorki would lead to the New Vandenberg Uprising. Though it would survive the uprising, the First was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st French Regiment|
|Lieutenant General||Dominique Petain||2765|
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 224
- The Star League, p. 77
- The Star League, p. 157, "Nineteenth"