1st Genoa Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|1st Genoa Protectorate Militia|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The First Genoa Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Genoa. As of 3075, there were three Protectorate Militias in planet, the 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd.
In August 3068, Genoa was "invited" to become part of the Word of Blake Protectorate by the 35th Division. The Genoans resisted, and the Word a to deploy more forces, including units armed with tactical nuclear weapons. After Genoa defenses killed Precentor Sergio Alveraz because of a fuel depot explosion, WoB decided to use the tactical nuclear weapons. Two nuclear blasts completely annihilated Buche Areste, site of the massive Aggerri Aerospace plant. At least a 100-kiloton blast leveled the Aggerri plant and over forty square miles of the city surrounding it. The use of these weapons only hardened the Genoan's resolve however and they not only assisted the 1st St. Ives Lancers when they raided the Word of Blake forces, but continued to resist the Blakist troops until they were liberated. Genoa wasn't initially liberated by coalition forces during Operation SCOUR, but rather by Capellan forces acting independently of the coalition. The Capellan forces successfully freed Genoa on the 30th of January 3077. However, on the 15th of April elements of the three Genoa Protectorate Militia pushed the Capellan forces back off Genoa. It wouldn't be until the 21st of October that Genoa was finally freed, this time by allied coalition troops, who forced the surviving Word of Blake forces to retreat to Terra.
It is not known what happened to the Protectorate Militia in Terra, but very few Word of Blake forces escaped from there.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Genoa Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 96
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [09/09/3068]: "Blakist Shock Troops Kill Millions on Genoa"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 18
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 41
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"