1st Kansu Protectorate Militia
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|1st Kansu Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Kansu Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Kansu. As of 3075 there were two unit raised from this planet, the 1st and the 2nd.
When the Word of Blake invaded during the last two weeks of October 3069, the militia defending the world used artillery strikes to disable many of the invaders as they traveled through Kansu's forests. The high explosive rounds caused the methane stored in the trees and other plants to explode, inflicting serious losses on the Blakists. In retaliation, the Blakist fanatics detonated a nuclear weapon, apparently hoping to cow the defenders and destroy their morale. Instead the thermonuclear explosion ignited all the methane stored in the native flora for kilometers, triggering massive secondary explosions across the world. These explosions also triggered the release of methane stored in the undersea ice sheets and Kansu's polar regions. The resulting explosions created a runaway greenhouse effect that forced humans to live completely underground for more than a decade. The formerly arctic world has had its ecosphere completely disrupted, with temperatures at the equator exceeding the boiling point of water. Most of the population remains underground, with some relocating to Kansu's moon.
It is not know which the the militia's units fate.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Kansu Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 104, "Kansu World Profile"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"