1st Ko Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st Ko Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Ko Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Ko. As of 3075 it was one of the unit raised from this planet, the other being the 2nd Ko Protectorate Militia.
During the Jihad Ko was occupied by forces from the Word of Blake. As the allied coalition created by Devlin Stone began striking against Word of Blake Protectorate worlds the combined Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Snow Raven task force which had agreed to support the coalition struck at a number of Blakist worlds on the 21st of July 3076. Ko was one of the worlds targeted by the Clan forces, along with the nearby worlds of Dyev, Kervil, Lambrecht, Moore and Sabik; the ground forces that fought on Ko were drawn from the Ghost Bear's Xi Galaxy.
The Word of Blake subsequently raided the world several times to disrupt supply chains for Operation SCOUR. The most notorious of these attacks was the introduction of a blight on the Jingatu continent that destroyed 40% of all the crops there and sterilized the soil. The other continents were able to make up the difference, but it took several years for the local population and industry to recover.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Ko Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Xi Galaxy"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 213, "Ko World Profile"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"