1st Lyons Protectorate Militia
|1st Lyons Protectorate Militia|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The First Lyons Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Lyons. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet, along the 2nd.
Lyons was captured by the Word of Blake during the Jihad.
In September 3076, however, a Clan Ghost Bear/Clan Snow Raven task force liberated the world, with the Ghost Bear's Xi Galaxy conducting the ground campaign along with the 6th Pesht Regulars and 7th Donegal Guards that destroyed both Protectorate Militias. The Clan troops in November, left shortly after liberating the world, leaving two Inner Sphere units to help rebuild.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Lyons Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 10, "Xi Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21, "Cracks In The Façade"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"