1st Provisional Lyran Water Navy
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|1st Provisional Lyran Water Navy|
|Unit Profile (as of 3029)|
|Parent Formation||3rd Royal Guards|
This was a temporary Lyran vehicle command specialized for water rich worlds during the Fourth Succession War.
The unit's first action was went it was deployed to continent of Sanjusendo on island of Lexham. From there the naval force was split up to cover the beach assault to two surrounding coastal peninsulas, Coloa and Yeloff. The Navy covered both attacks, Yeloff being a diversionary attack while primary forces moved to land on beaches of Coloa. After successful initial landing at the beaches, the navy would move along the southeastern coast transported two infantry regiments as it conducted series of raids on coastal cities and facilities for supplies and destroyed military defenders.
As General Steiner's Third Royal Guard RCT fought their way to the capital across Sanjusendo to the capital, the Navy would arrive by December to encircle the city and blockade the city from further reinforcements.
During the later stages of the conflict, the tide would turn for the Lyran forces; they would be forced to withdraw from Buckminster by June 3029. It is unclear what happened to the First Provisional.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Provisional Lyran Water Navy|
- 1st Provisional Lyran Water Navy (Combat Vehicle Regiment)
- Note: Consisting of Sea Skimmers, Monitors, and unspecified types of Hovercraft intended for transporting infantry.
- It is not clear when the formation was created formation or when it was retained within the Third Royal Guard RCT after its retreat from Buckminster.
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, pp. 52-55 - "1st Provsional's actions during the early stages campaign of Fourth Succession War invasion of Buckminster".
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, pp. 72-73 - "Lyran campaign on Buckminster until their withdrawal from the planet. PLWN not mentioned.".