1st Rochelle Protectorate Militia
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|1st Rochelle Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Rochelle Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Rochelle. As of 3075 it was one of the three units raised from this planet along the 2nd Rochelle Protectorate Militia and the 3rd Rochelle Protectorate Militia.
In 3071, a new branch of Alys Rousset-Marik's resistance group made its existence known in violent fashion at the start of the new year by blowing up an Irian System Services building in downtown Ruckabal. The local efforts by the still-training Rochelle Protectorate Militia Division had failed and the WoB sent part of the Opacus Venatori to hunt them. Demi-Precentor Kendali Morris and Adept Achillius St. John along two squads of Battle Armor crushed the rebels after breaking their ambush, ending their resistance.
It is not known what became of the three Protectorate Militias.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Rochelle Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "FWLM Deployment Map "
- Starter Book Wolf and Blake Scenario: Muckraker
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"