1st Schedar Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st Schedar Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3076)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Schedar Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Schedar. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along the 2nd Schedar Protectorate Militia.
The 34th Division appeared in combat in 3069 when in committed its limited number force to capture of FedSuns' world of Schedar. The unit easily took the planet, due to its lack of defenses and nervous leaders whom had been isolated by the White-Out of the HPG Communication network. The two Level III units were able to secure the planet and began the training of its new Schedar Protectorate Militia forces.
AFFS forces landed on Schedar as well as the nearby worlds of Caselton and Mirach on the 2nd of December 3076 and attempted to liberate the world. The AFFS forces were unsupported by the allied coalition assembled by Devlin Stone, and the assaults were quickly slowed by the defending forces; it was reported that the assault was planned and launched by rogue elements within the AFFS command, explaining the lack of support from the coalition. It was noted at the time that the battle for Schedar was particularly brutal, with the mercenary unit Wilson's Hussars wiped out completely attempting to blunt the advance of Word of Blake troops counterattacking the AFFS forces, although the sacrifice made by the Hussars gave the 2nd Federated Suns Armored Cavalry the opportunity needed to regroup and force the Blakists back.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Schedar Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 102 - "34th Division profile" - unit reportively consisted of 4 Level IIIs in its early invasions.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18-20, "AFFS Reclaims Three Worlds"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"