1st Syrtis Hussars
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|First Syrtis Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2821)|
|Parent Formation||Armed Forces of the Federated Suns|
|Disbanded||First Succession War|
The First Syrtis Hussars was a BattleMech regiment mustered by the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns at some point between the publication of a Star League Intelligence Command report on the status of the AFFS in mid-2765 and the eve of the First Succession War in 2786.
The First Syrtis Hussars were destroyed at some point during the First Succession War. When the Draconis Combine launched a massive invasion of the Federated Suns in May 2787, the Hussars were on Galtor III, in the region known as the Paris Bulge, a critical target for the DCMS. The rapid pace of the invasion, with worlds being conquered before having a chance to send messages, and the deliberate destruction of JumpShips by the Draconis Combine Admiralty left local AFFS command staff bewildered, and resulted in a confused response that left the Hussars holding in place on Galtor III as the front rapidly surged past them.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Syrtis Hussars|
First Syrtis Hussars (Green/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the First was a medium-weight unit operating at full regimental strength, and was based on New Syrtis.
- The First Syrtis Hussars are only mentioned in one source as of 2018, First Succession War, and is mentioned only twice within that source. Barring the publication of new source material, no further information is available on the Hussars.
- Field Report 2765: AFFS
- First Succession War, p. 135, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- First Succession War, p. 38, "The Dragon's Reckoning: The Combine-Suns Front"