1st Talitha Protectorate Militia Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st Talitha Protectorate Militia Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 3077)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Talitha Protectorate Militia Division is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Talitha along his sister units the 2nd Talitha Protectorate Militia Division.
On December 8, 3069, Talitha was raided by the 13th Stalking Horse, one of the few surviving members of the Allied Mercenary Command. The AMC force attempted to attack the planet's Word of Blake controlled Hyper Pulse Generator station. However, it was repulsed by Talitha's defenders.
By 3072, the Word of Blake would bring Talitha into administration of Word of Blake Protectorate. The planet's noted small BattleMech manufacturer Gilmour MilTech, would become the favored supplier of the Blakist's military needs.
By 3075, two Divisions of Protectorate Militia, the 1st Talitha Protectorate Militia Division and 2nd Talitha Protectorate Militia Division, would be raised from that world's populace to aid in garrisoning of the planet.
Talitha was liberated by forces from the Free Worlds League front in a brief campaign in May 3077. Backed up by the Clan Nova Cat Aegis-class WarShip CNC Blade, Group IV of the Free Worlds League task force rolled over the defenders, with Beta Galaxy of Clan Wolf in Exile working closely with the 3rd Lyran Guards and the Marlette Crucis March Militia on the ground, Group IV quickly achieved dominance in the air before crushing the Blakist ground forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Talitha Protectorate Militia Division|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 78-79 Living Dead Men - AMC Mercenary forces raid planet. Scenario shows its goal was to attack the Word of Blake HPG. Also 3rd Dismal Disinherited and the Burton’s Brigade were originally noted as the attackers.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 p.21 Jihad Timeline December 8th - 13th Stalking Horse officially noted as attackers of the Blakist controlled HPG.
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 13 - Inner Sphere Map 3072, shows Talitha (misspelled in map) as part of the Protectorate.
- Jihad Secrets: Blake Documents, pp. 65, 47 Inner Sphere Map 3075, Sharing the Love - Map of IS in 3075 shows the planet within the Protectorate's borders. Talitha acceptance into the WoB Protectorate is noted in a canon/fluff Journal of Mercenary Affairs.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103 Word of Blake Protectorate - Protectorate Militia Deployment notes the 2 Divisions of Militia are formed on Talitha.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 45-46, "Talitha, Berenson Capitulate"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"