1st Thorin Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
| It has been suggested that this article be merged with Thorin Freedom Theater Militia.|
Discuss this on the article's talk page.
|1st Thorin Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of [])|
|Parent Formation||Archer's Avengers|
The unit was officially founded by Victor Steiner-Davion on December 23rd 3062, when he declared Archer Christifori's rebels the 1st Thorin Regiment. The unit was founded from the Thorin planetary militia and various (sometimes criminal) groups of civilians.
- The novel Measure of a Hero states, that the 1st Thorin Regiment stood on Thorin on February 9th 3063. However, the novel Call of Duty states, that by February 11th, the 1st Thorin Regiment had integrated the Muphrid planetary militia and conquered Syrma, Milton and Alcor. The fighting on Alcor lasted from mid-January to February 11th.
By salvaging the remains of the defeated militias and taking on Davionist sympathizers and volunteers, the 1st Thorin regiment all in all has grown to a reinforced Regiment. But by leaving garrison troops on each planet, their strength was at two reinforced combined-arms Battalions in February 3063.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Thorin Regiment|
- 1 Mech-Company
- 1 Tank-Company
- approx. 1 Infantry-Battalion (regular soldiers and partisans)
- 2 Aerospace fighters
- various hover-bikes
February: 1st Thorin Regiment
- 2 combined-arms Battalions (reinforced; Mechs, Tanks, Infantry)
- at least 4 Aerospace fighters
- Murphid Rangers
- Sherwod Foresters
- various militias on Thorin, Muphrid, Syrma, Milton (probably company-size)
After defeating Wolverton's Highlanders on Odessa, the 1st Thorin salvaged 2 Mech-Batallions and recruited davionist rebels (and some Wolverton mercenaries) on Odessa, bringing their strength to 4 Battalions.
Their unit sign is a big A2 on the chest of the Mechs.
Though the unit's nickname was Archer's Avengers in the beginning, the nickname spread to Archer Christifori's whole task-force as it grew to 3 combined-arms Regiments.
- Call of Duty p.14