1st Tikonov Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st Tikonov Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Tikonov Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Tikonov. As of 3075 it was one of the three unit raised from this planet along the 2nd Tikonov Protectorate Militia and the 3rd Tikonov Protectorate Militia.
In 3069, the Word of Blake launched an offensive against Tikonov through September 3069 in an attempt to conquer the planet; the attackers met fierce resistance from the defending forces, who went so far as to destroy the local HPG facilities during their defense of the planet.
In October 3074 rebels within the Blakist Protectorate hired mercenary units on generous terms to strike at an Earthwerks Incorporated facility on Tikonov. The combined mercenary and rebel force successfully seized the facility, which was defended by security forces from the Tikonov Protectorate Militia, at which point at least some of the mercenaries were able to depart with their acquired salvage while the rebels ransacked the facility. Additional Blakist forces intent on recapturing the facility arrived soon after the departure of the mercenaries only to be hit with nuclear weapons by the rebels - weapons which may also have engulfed the facility.
On the 20th of July 3075 the hold the Word of Blake had established over Tikonov was broken by an insurrection amongst the planet's population. Despite having their control over the planet shattered, the retreating Blakist forces took the opportunity to level more than half of the planet's factory complexes. Having lacked the forces to adequately control Tikonov, the Blakists had subjected the planet to years of destructive warfare.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Tikonov Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 42-43, "Chaos Overwhelming: Dante's Daydream"
- Total Chaos, pp. 137 "ACID RAIN"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds, p. 89, "World Profile"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"