1st Tyr Assault (Rasalhague Dominion)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|First Tyr Assault Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Rasalhague Galaxy|
The First Tyr Assault Cluster was an elite Clan Ghost Bear military formation created in 3074. The unit was named for the KungsArmé regiment of the same name that was destroyed by Word of Blake forces at Orestes in 3068. The unit was comprised principally of assault type equipment.
Birth and Jihad
The unit was formally activated in 3074, in a ceremony where both Elected-Prince Ragnar and Khan Aletha Kabrinski attended. The unit was later deployed as part of the newly formed Rasalhague Galaxy with Elected-Prince Ragnar their Galaxy Commander to frontlines.
However, the Galaxy was called back in late 3076, when former KungsArmé military units refused to stand down to conduct Trial of Position. The First Tyr was sent to Trondheim where they met with member of one rebellious unit, the Second Freemen in talks. Talks between the two sides turned ugly as they exchanged insults and physical throwdowns. The talks broke down when the First Tyr moved to disarm the rebellious unit. This led to both units fighting in the streets of the planet's capital city of Misby Flats. Most of the battle was concentrated in the industrial areas of the city, where the fighting was brutal. Some of the fighting spilled over into the residential areas costing civilian lives. Ultimately only of the Freeman survived the First Tyr's onslaught against them.
Blackout and the Dark Age
In 3100 the First Tyr Assault Cluster was stationed on Trondheim with several other Ghost Bear units when the 11th Ghost and 5th Sword of Light regiments arrived, supported by the Draconis Rift. The First Tyr attempted to support the Second Rasalhague Bears when they fought the Eleventh Ghost, but was unable to reach the Bears before they were destroyed. After this the First Tyr loaded into DropShips and began playing hide-and-seek, hiding from the Fifth Sword of Light and the Draconis Rift by moving between Trondheim and its four moons. They were able to do so long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
The 1st Tyr saw significant deployment chaotic early years of the Dark Age, where it and its galaxy were deployed to Prefecture I in the former Republic of the Sphere in 3135. The unit was first used to secure several worlds in the Prefecture as the Republic cohesion collapsed from a number invasions and rebellions. However, word of the Clan Wolf abandonment of its Occupational Zone, it and entire parent galaxy were redeployed to former Wolf worlds for the Dominion. They would arrived too late most of the Wolf worlds, which were soon claimed by the Clan Hell's Horses. 1st Tyr and other Clusters would only be able claim worlds on border of the border of the Dominion.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Tyr Assault (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Tyr Assault (Rasalhague Dominion)|
First Tyr Assault Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
- - At this point the Cluster was stationed on Grumium and was operating at three-quarters of full strength. Slightly less than three quarters of the personnel in the Cluster were equipped with OmniMechs.
First Tyr Assault Cluster (Veterans/Fanatical)
First Tyr Assault Cluster (Elite/Fanatical) -
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents page 59 - 1st Tyr Assault Cluster activation noted in article dated 3074.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents page 59 - The Bear's Roar - Activation of the First Tyr Assault attended by Khan Kabrinski and Elected-Prince of Free Rasalhague Republic.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 page 91-92 Rasalhague Rebellion - 1st Tyr Assault takes down one of its own forces.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, pp. 33, 35
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 163 Rasalhague Dominion/Rasalhague Galaxy - 1st Tyr's noted actions during during the Dark Age leading to 3145.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 174 Clan Forces Deployments - Commanding officer of 1st Tyr in 3085.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172 Clan Forces Deployments - Commanding officer of the 1st Tyr in 3185.
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127 Ghost Bear Dominion/Rasalhague Galaxy - Unit listing, strength and skill/loyalty levels.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172 Ghost Bear Dominion/Rasalhague Galaxy - Unit listing, strength and skill/loyalty levels.