1st Wasat Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|1st Wasat Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 1st Wasat Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Wasat. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along the 2nd Wasat Protectorate Militia.
The Blackhearts were stationed on Wasat during the opening stages of the Jihad. They faced the Word of Blake's Third Militia Division. On the 28th of January 3071 the Blackhearts were in retreat when the Word of Black forces detonated a nuclear device in the capital city - apparently as an act of spite - resulting in the deaths of 30,000 civilians.
Coalition forces invaded Wasat on the 10th of January 3077 as one of the first two worlds to be targeted during Operation SCOUR. Attacked initially by Group II of the Free Worlds League task force under the command of Duke Leonard Stewart, the defenses on Wasat proved to be more robust and developed than originally expected. The 7th Pesht Regulars sustained heavy damage and the Home Guard was nearly wiped out during the initial attacks; as a result, the second in command of the Free Worlds League front, Khan Santin West of Clan Nova Cat brought Group III to Wasat to assist Group II. Group III was spearheaded by Clan Nova Cat's Alpha Galaxy with ComStar's 4th Army and the 20th Marik Militia in support. The Blakists on Wasat were unable to coordinate an effective defense against the combined strength of both Group II and Group III, and by the 4th of March 3077 Khan West was giving an interview on the liberation of Wasat to Nigel Holmgren of INN.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Wasat Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p.34
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 12, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Wasat Falls?"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Too Much To Handle?"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"