1st Zurich Protectorate Militia Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|1st Zurich Protectorate Militia Division|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The First Zurich Protectorate Militia Division is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Zurich. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along the 2nd Zurich Protectorate Militia Division.
Zurich was liberated by the CCAF in December 3077 according to the Capellan government, after a two-month military campaign. However, the publication Is This Freedom? distributed via the Zurich Underground presented a different picture, indicating that while the major military battles appeared to now be over with at that time, Blakist agents were still active among the population. The article cited footage of Word of Blake BattleMechs attacking a Capellan garrison in the city of Kuanchan, as well as the deaths of hundreds of civilians when Blakist sympathizers took over the People's Justice Center and went on a killing spree before being rooted out by security forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Zurich Protectorate Militia Division|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 55, "Free?"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"