202nd Mechanized Infantry Division
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|202nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Pride of Cuba|
|Parent Formation||LIX Corps|
Star League Era
The 202nd formed a part of LIX Corps, Twentieth Army and in 2763 was suffering from moral issues. Stationed on Strandfontein, the 202nd had lost half of it's assigned territory to the Rim Worlds Republic armed forces. Under the command of Major General Liam Garvey, VI Corps determined that the 202nd's Commanding Officer needed to be relieved of command, dispatching General Covington from the Army headquarters on Loxley to replace him. On his arrival, the sentries for the 202nd refused General Covington entry into the Division's base. Though completely legal to refuse him entry, Covington eventually managed to gain entry to the Division HQ and relived Gravey of command.
Amaris Civil War
The 202nd survived the Periphery Uprising, but took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign and by 2784 the division had been disbanded. A single regiment of the 202nd joined the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces in 2784, forming the core of the Tenth Confederation Reserve Cavalry, after the division was disbanded.
|Commanding Officers of the 202nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Liam Gravey||2762 - 2763|
|Major General||Jonas Covington||2763 - March 2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- First Succession War, p. 32, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 158
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 234 202nd Mechanized Infantry Division - Fluff for 2763, regarding change of command that nearly self-destructed the Division.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 235 - Commanding Officer for 202nd - relieved in 2763
- Field Manual: SLDF, P 235 - Commanding Officer for SLDF from 2763 and up to March 2764.
- The Star League, p. 133