205th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|205th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Nickname||The Yankee Doodle Dandy Division |
|Parent Command||XLIX Corps|
The 205th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 205th was a part of XLIX Corps within the Eleventh Army and was assigned to District 1 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region. In March 2764 they had recently been transferred to Arcadia to replace the 236th Mechanized Infantry Division after elements of that Division had turned their 'Mechs on civilians in a killing spree. This assignment caused some political difficulties for the commander.
At the start of Operation Chieftain in July 2772 the Division was roughly at full strength.
|Commanding Officers of the 205th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Orestes McNamara||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 143
- The Star League, p. 144, "Eleventh"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 120
- The Star League, p. 133