209th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|209th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Pride of Cuba|
|Parent Formation||LXIV Corps|
The 209th survived the Periphery Uprising, but took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign and by 2784 the division had been disbanded. Elements of the 209th joined the Free Worlds League after the division was disbanded, with the Free Worlds League Military using the personnel recruited from the 209th to muster the Fifth Defenders of Andurien in 2783.
|Commanding Officers of the 209th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- First Succession War, p. 33, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 156
- The Star League, p. 133