209th Mechanized Infantry Division
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|209th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Pride of Cuba|
|Parent Formation||LXIV Corps|
The 209th survived the Periphery Uprising, but took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign and by 2784 the division had been disbanded. Elements of the 209th joined the Free Worlds League after the division was disbanded, with the Free Worlds League Military using the personnel recruited from the 209th to muster the Fifth Defenders of Andurien in 2783.
|Commanding Officers of the 209th Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- First Succession War, p. 33, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 156
- The Star League, p. 133