20th Lyran Guards
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|20th Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Second Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 20th Lyran Guards was one of four regiments within the 2nd Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence. Despite being the second-oldest Division within the Lyran Guards brigade, the Second was the smallest active Division by the mid-twenty-eighth century.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 20th Guards lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 20th Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 20th Guards and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the Twentieth and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
Posted to the world of Dar-es-Salaam in 2762, the 20th Guards immediately began causing headaches for the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces when the belligerent attitudes of the unit's personnel clashed with the religious tenets held by the majority of the local population.
|Commanding Officers of the 20th Lyran Guards|
20th Lyran Guards (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the Twentieth was based on Dar-es-Salaam.
2786 - 2821
20th Lyran Guards (Regiment/Regular/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Dar-es-Salaam. In 2821 the command was reduced to 29 percent of its strength and was deployed on Here. 
20th Lyran Guards (Regiment/Veteran/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Here with an operational readiness of 92 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war. 
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 139
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 99