21st Arcturan Guards
|Twenty-first Arcturan Guards|
|Parent Command||Arcturan Guards|
The Twenty-first Arcturan Guards was founded after the initial founding of the Arcturan Guards brigade, and in common with the later-founded regiments, didn't bear a name based upon a Muse from mythology.
Star League Era
Like the other regiments of the Arcturan Guard, the Twenty-first struggled with boredom and ennui during the closing years of the Star League era; the Star League Defense Force acted as an effective deterrent in the main, making large-scale military deployments for the Twenty-first a rarity, and leaving the regiment to occupy itself with training exercises and garrison duty.
Critics of the Twenty-first in the mid-2760s complained that the Twenty-first's posting to the world of Borghese was a case of family connections - namely those of the commanding officer, Colonel Hassan Steiner-Owalt to get his unit assigned on an extended vacation. Officially, the Twenty-first was stationed on Borghese to focus on "blue-water" operations.
|Commanding Officers of the 21st Arcturan Guards|
Twenty-first Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Twenty-first were stationed on Borghese.
2786 - 2821
21st Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the heavy-weight unit was stationed on Borghese. In 2821 the command was reduced to 42 percent of its strength and was deployed on Borghese. 
21st Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Green/Fanatical) 
- Note: At this point in time the assault-weight unit was stationed on Borghese with an operational readiness of 103 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war.
- The Twenty-first Arcturan Guards appear to have been casualties of the Succession Wars.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"
- First Succession War, p. 139
- Second Succession War, p. 99