21st Royal Jump Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|21st Royal Jump Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Roo Brigades|
|Parent Formation||XLIII Corps|
The Twenty-first played a critical role in the War of Davion Succession. The unit landed on Breed, facing off against the Draconis Combine's 4th Sword of Light. Hoping to use the terrain to their advantage, the Sword withdrew over rocky and broken ground. The Roo Brigade simply jumped their Kanga tanks over the ground, supported by the jump infantry. Seeing the SLDF troops easily maneuvering over terrain that had slowed their 'Mechs to a crawl, the Sword of Light sued for peace.
|Commanding Officers of the 21st Royal Jump Infantry Division|
|Major General||Glen O'Laverty||2764|
The Twenty-first was oversized compared to most Infantry Divisions of the SLDF. The Twenty-first's brigades consisted of four regiments each, rather than the usual three. Two of these regiments were composed of two battalions of Kanga hovertanks while the third battalion was a company of LAMs and two companies of artillery. The other two regiments consisted of jump infantry and infantry transport units.
The oversized division possessed two regiments of Kanga hovertanks, a formation of LAMs that was one of the largest in the SLDF, and an infantry contingent that was entirely VTOL mobile.
The history of the events on Breed in the War of Davion Succession on page 55 of Era Report: 2750 appears to confuse 21st Royal Jump Infantry and the 1st Jump Infantry Division. In all other references to this conflict it is the First that took part and not the Twenty First.
The Roo Brigades are skilled in operating units with jump capability. If every unit deployed by the Twenty-first is equipped with jump jets ('Mechs, Kanga tanks, jump infantry, LAMs, etc.) then the unit gains a +2 initiative modifier and the Overrun Combat special ability. If half of the units deployed by the Twenty-first are jump capable then they receive a +1 initiative modifier, but no special ability.
- Era Report: 2750, p. 55
- The Star League, p. 155, "Seventeenth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 203, "21st Royal Jump Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133
- The Star League, p. 63, "Second Hidden War"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 55, "1st Jump Infantry Division"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 53
- Era Report: 2750, p. 142