225th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|225th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Red Eagle Division|
|Parent Formation||XVII Corps|
The 225th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Altoona, assigned as a part of the XVII Corps, Third Army, to District 2 of the Federated Suns Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery.. The 225th survived the Periphery Uprising and the Hegemony Campaign and in 2775 split into two individual battalions the Red Eagles and Simpson's Samurai , who later signed on as a mercenary unit with the Draconis Combine and Federated Suns respectively.
|Commanding Officers of the 225th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Mato Salvai||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 151, "Third"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 35-36, "Those Left Behind (Continued) table of units that became mercenary units."
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 59, "225th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133