225th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|225th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Red Eagle Division|
|Parent Formation||XVII Corps|
The 225th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Altoona, assigned as a part of the XVII Corps, Third Army, to District 2 of the Federated Suns Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery.. The 225th survived the Periphery Uprising and the Hegemony Campaign and in 2775 split into two individual battalions the Red Eagles and Simpson's Samurai , who later signed on as a mercenary unit with the Draconis Combine and Federated Suns respectively.
|Commanding Officers of the 225th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Mato Salvai||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 151, "Third"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 35-36, "Those Left Behind (Continued) table of units that became mercenary units."
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 59, "225th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133