22nd Division (Word of Blake)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|22nd Division (Sacred Covenant IV-omicron)|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Militia|
The 22nd Division was a Word of Blake Militia unit which was "hidden" prior to the opening of the Jihad. The veteran Division was noted for operating in the Federated Suns during the first half of the war.
The unit's first unconfirmed appearance was reported in 3068 in two heavy raids against Federated Suns worlds of Talcott and New Valencia. The Division attacked under the flag of the Capellan Confederation, in an attempt to help push conflict between two Great Houses further.
In 3069, no longer wearing its false colors, the 22nd claimed worlds of Azha and New Aragon as part of the Word of Blake Protectorate. In the attack on Azha, defenders appeared to back off suggesting they had collusion with 22nd. However, during the invasion of New Aragon, its defenders took positions in a number of ancient fortress dotting the planet. The 22nd utilized chemical weapons to clear them out.
The unit reappeared in 3072 as part of a Word of Blake taskforce attempting destroy Regent Princess Yvonne Steiner-Davion's command center on Markesan. The raid, backed by a Blakist WarShip, failed and the 22nd was heavily damaged in the fighting. The unit took a year to reconstitute its composition enough to be viable force again.
The unit later saw action again in 3074 where they led a number of raids in Draconis March of the Federated Suns.  In February 3075 the 22nd raided the world of Wrentham, close to the borders of the Federated Suns, Capellan Confederation and Taurian Concordat. The 22nd struck at the Capellan March again on the 30th of May 3075, raiding the world of Brusett, already the site of several recent battles between the Federated Suns and Taurian Concordat. The Federated Suns responded by mustering and deploying a small flotilla of ships including the WarShip FCS Kathil to the system to stave off an anticipated attack by the Concordat; the Taurians had already taken advantage of the raid on Wrentham by the 22nd to seize that world.
|Commanding Officers of the 22nd Division|
The 22nd Division specializes in Communication disruption and Electronic Warfare.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, pp. 93-94 - "22nd Division unit profile - brief history".
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 14, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 141 - "Rules Annex" - Special ablity of 22nd.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 141, "Rules Annex"