22nd Jaguar Regulars (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|22nd Jaguar Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
The Twenty-second Jaguar Regulars was a front line Cluster of the Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The Twenty-second were not bid into any conflicts until the invasion of Luthien.
- Battle of Luthien - On the second day of the battle, the Clan lines broke and a retreat was briefly considered. Before the retreat could be called, however, the Twenty-second Regulars broke through a weak link in the defending lines. Once through, they were caught in a crossfire generated by the Otomo and the Second Legion of Vega. Charging the Otomo lines, intending to overwhelm the DCMS unit with superior numbers, which moved away allowing the Twenty-second to run straight into a trap sprung by Wolf's Dragoons' Alpha Regiment. Those few warriors from the Twenty-second who survived that fight were imprisoned in Imperial City. During the battle a lone Star of OmniMechs from the Twenty-second Regulars slipped free from the fighting and managed to penetrate the Luthien Armor Works, inflicting moderate damage before retreating to its landing zone. The Cluster ceased to exist after this battle.
|Commanding Officers of the 11th Garrison|
Although little is known about the Twenty-second Regular their tactics on Luthien show that they were adept at creating and exploiting break through opportunities.
- Elite Trinary
- Veteran Trinary
- Regular Trinary
- Regular Trinary
- Green Binary 
- The inclusion of an entire Binary of Green warriors at the Battle of Luthien may indicate that the Cluster had been reinforced with new troops during the pause between Waves Four and Five of Operation Revival.
- The Twenty-second Regulars were effectively destroyed on Luthien.
- It was recorded as belonging to the 44th Attack Galaxy on Luthien, possibly a reference to Beta, as its commander was Mikhail Ward. Their position in the Jaguar line on Luthien fighting against the Otomo placed them close to the 1st Jaguar Guards a known cluster of Beta Galaxy adding credence to this hypothesis.
- Invading Clans, p. 61
- Luthien, p. 62
- Luthien, p. 63
- Luthien, p. 27