22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
The 22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster was a second line military formation of the Clan Smoke Jaguar.
- Luthien - During the Battle of Luthien, provided with inaccurate intelligence, the Clan assigned the capture of the Arisaka Munitions Complex to the 22nd Jaguar Freebirth Cluster. The defending Amori Militia initially put up a stiff resistance, then feigned a retreat across the two Shaidan River bridges luring the cluster into a trap. As they crossed the river the militia detonated charges that destroyed the bridges, then proceeded to counter attack supported by previously hidden reserves pinning the freeborn warriors against the rain swollen river. Caught in a completely untenable position, Star Captain Edna did the only thing she could to avoid the destruction of her command and she surrendered.
|Commanding Officers of the 22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster|
- Star Captain Edna led Binary Striker between 30?? and 3052.
- Star Captain Jonas led Trinary Elemental between 30?? and 3052.
Although little is known about the 22nd Freebirth, they were employed against secondary targets considered of less importance to use front line clusters to take.
- At least some, if not all, of the 22nd Freebirth surrendered on Luthien. The Cluster is not mentioned after the battle possibly because its actions had rendered it Dezgra and it was struck from the Touman.
- It was recorded as belonging to the 315th Battle Galaxy on Luthien; this unit is possibly Delta Galaxy.
- It was confirmed by the BattleTech Line Developer that the reference to this unit in the Luthien scenario book was in error.
- Luthien, p. 55
- Luthien, p. 56
- Luthien, p. 12
- Luthien, p. 27