23rd Lyran Guards
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|23rd Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Third Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 23rd Lyran Guards was one of six regiments within the 3rd Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 23rd lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 23rd and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the Twenty-third and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
As a part of the 3rd Division the 23rd was considered a regiment for up-and-coming personnel and rising stars during the 2760s, a consequence of Leutnant General Kristy Kiirlund's tenure as commanding officer of the Third. The Twenty-third took part in the Division-level deployment of the entire Third Division to the Circinus system in the mid-2760s to conduct Operation HOUND DOG, a determined effort to track down and destroy bandit elements and groups believed to be operating out of the otherwise-uninhabited Circinus system. Despite the Free Worlds League declining to commit any troops or observers to the Operation - the League military considering the Operation to be nothing more than a "Snipe hunt" - the mission was accompanied by a team of Star League Defense Force observers and was a success. The 23rd Guards had taken up a garrison post on Aur by 2765 and recovered completely from the few casualties taken during HOUND DOG.
|Commanding Officers of the 23rd Lyran Guards|
Twenty-third Lyran Guards (Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Twenty-third was based on Aur.
2786 - 2821
23rd Lyran Guards (Regiment/Veteran/¦) 
- Note: At this point in time the assault-weight unit was stationed on Afleir. In 2821 the command was reduced to 39 percent of its strength and was deployed on Zosma. 
23rd Lyran Guards (Regiment/Elite/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the assault-weight unit was stationed on Zosma with an operational readiness of 103 percent.  The unit was destroyed during the war.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 139
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 99