247th Division (ComStar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|247th Division IV-pi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||Thoughts of War (3050)|
|Parent Formation||Ninth Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
As part of the 9th Army, during the Battle of Tukayyid the Two-Hundred and Forty-Seventh faced the fearsome threat of Clan Wolf. Initially held in reserve, the 247th and 198th Division were hurriedly added to try to bolster the Com Guards defensive line protecting the target city of Skupo. Despite superior numbers and good defensive positions, the unceasing assault ultimately wore away the ComStar defenders and the line shattered after the Wolves eliminated the troublesome 278th Division, savaging divisions like the 247th as they advanced on Skupo. 
Like many divisions who faced the Wolves, the Two-Hundred and Forty-Seventh suffered extremely heavy losses, with Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht opting to reassign the survivors to bolster other divisions and disband the 247th rather than rebuild it.
|Commanding Officers of the 247th Division|
247th Division (Division/Veteran)
- Note: At this point in time the 247th Division was stationed on Rahne .
- While its fate is not explicitly mentioned, the fact it only appears in 20-Year Update and Tukayyid points to its destruction and disbanding after Tukayyid.
- 20-Year Update, pg. 71 "9th V-lambda"
- Tukayyid, p. 90 "Campaign: Clan Wolf"
- 20-Year Update, p. 71