248th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|248th Mechanized Infantry Divisiion|
|Unit Profile (as of 2767)|
|Parent Formation||LIV Corps|
The 248th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Antietam, assigned as a part of the LIV Corps, Fourth Army, to District 3 of the Federated Suns Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed are of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the Periphery Uprising. The 248th was destroyed during the Hegemony Campaign.
|Commanding Officers of the 248th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Sarah Walsh||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
Each infantry brigade has an attached construction engineering battalion and mine-laying company.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 152, "Fourth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 71, "248th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133