249th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|249th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Force from Ford|
|Parent Formation||LIV Corps|
The 249th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Susulatna, assigned as a part of the LIV Corps, Fourth Army, to District 3 of the Federated Suns Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in 2765. The 249th was destroyed during the Periphery Uprising.
|Commanding Officers of the 249th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Alec Coston||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Heavy Assault Regiment
- Striker Regiment
- Battle Regiment
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 152, "Fourth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 71, "249th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133